28.2.11

ETSY Artist Interview number 4

Donna Provo Leuck aka leuckit received her Graphic Art Degree from The American Academy of Art in Chicago.  In November of 2003, She falls 20 feet from a ladder and breaks every bone in  both of her wrists. After two surgeries and much therapy she starts building what she calls "kitchen robots" out of old kitchen items. It helps keep mobility in her hands and wrists.

Me: What are some fun facts about you that may or may not be directly related to your art?

She: I have been creative all my life. I have done all kinds of art.  Including watercolors, murals, pastels, jewelry, wood carving, clay, sewing, snow sculpture...I have even taught art to children. My 6th grade teacher told my mom that he had never met anyone with such a huge imagination!

Me: What is the strangest or funniest comment or question you've ever gotten about your work?

She:   This is not so much a comment as a request. "Can you make one that looks like my boyfriend?"  I have done custom orders but, you have to remember that I am working with metal kitchen items. I can get "likeness" but it won't look exactly like the person!

Me: What is the first thing that usually comes to your mind first thing in the morning?
She: What  fun thing can I do today?


Me: What question do you hate being constantly asked about your work?
She: I was told as a child there were no bad questions. I try to remember that and figure out what the person really wants to know! I love talking to people so I don't mind questions.



Me: Name 5 of your favorite ETSY shops 

She:  RozArt / canoo / retreauxgirlshopjude    I have a lot of favorite shops. Some I admire the artists. Some I covet the goods. Some I find very funny. And, some I have become friends with the shop owners.

More contacts of  leuckit


THANK YOU DONNA FOR YOUR TIME AND BEING A PART OF MY BLOG !!!

11 comments:

  1. Wow amazing work!
    Wonderful article, glad to see that you recovered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for share! Her work is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing; this is so cute !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin, I am so honored! The article is beautiful. I will share it. I look forward to reading more on your blog. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Donna

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/leuckit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna is a very good friend of mine. Thank you so much by honoring her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing artist, beautiful interview!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful, creative, fun! Nice article.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute shop! Thanks for sharing.
    http://acupofsparkle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete